(See below for information on how to buy Tintin prints)
Click on an image to start slideshow
|Tintin in Dublin by Gráinne Tynan (2012)|
|Tintin in Cork by Gráinne Tynan (2012)|
|Hipster Tintin by Gráinne Tynan (2012)|
|Tintin in Dublin by Grainne Tynan (2012)|
Montana Spray paint & Posca Markers on metal.
|The original Tintin in Dublin sketch, graphite on paper,|
for the Drawing Tintin exhibition in
Little Green Street Gallery, April 2012.
I first exhibited Tintin in Dublin as a pencil drawing at Drawing Tintin in The Little Green Street Gallery in Dublin 7. Two months later, I was commissioned by Dublin City Council Beta Project to create an on street graffiti version. Posca markers & Montana Black spray paints were used to transform the metal traffic light box. This artwork is located at Four Courts Luas Stop, Dublin 7. I started selling prints of the parody and requests came in for more editions. Tintin in Cork features Tintin, Captain Haddock and Snowy enjoying a breast in a bun from Hillbillies, a can of Beamish and a dip in the fountain on Grand Parade. Hipster Tintin sees Tintin and Snowy leaving Haddocks pub (AKA Grogans AKA Castle Lounge) on South William Street sipping on a flat white.
How To Buy:
Prints of Gráinne Tynan's parody of Tintin are now available to buy online by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. The colour digital prints are all signed and on 300gsm paper. They are priced €20 for an A4 print and €30 for an A3 print (plus postage and packaging).I can also frame the prints at a total cost of €40 for A4 and €50 for A3. If you are based in Dublin I can meet you to sell you the prints. If not, I can set up a PayPal transaction and post the items to you, when payment is received.I will package the order safely and use An Post (Ireland's postal service) to post them worldwide. For an extra fee I can send them by registered post. If its a gift I can include a message and gift wrap the items.
- joe.ie website called Tintin in Dublin "a masterpiece" and "damn funny" (June 2012).
- The Gathering website said "We can’t wait to see where this man pops up next" (January 2013).
- Journal.ie listed Tintin in Cork in their top 7 Irish made Christmas presents 2012.
- Ryan Tubridy recommended Tintin in Dublin prints on his 2FM radio show (at 32:11).
- Dubtopia exhibition in Dublin's Design Week 2012
- Dublin City Council's Beta Project traffic light box and photos.
- Irish street art and graffiti website here.
- Little Green Street Gallery's Draw Tintin Exhibition in April 2012